We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites , including this one.
What information do we collect?
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (c) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (d) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (e) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- (f) We will never provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Cheryl Sheppard
Competition Terms and conditions
Judges' decision is final. Entrants must have access to the internet in order to enter. Entrants must be 18 years or over. Competition is open to UK residents only. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The competition is run by Brothers Drinks Co. Ltd, Anglo Trading Estate, Shepton Mallet, BA4 5BY. No cash alternative. No purchase necessary. Please drink responsibly, Brothers Drinks Co. Limited do not endorse excessive drinking. By entering this competition, you confirm that you have read, understood and accept the rules relating to this competition and that you consent to us using your personal details to send you information about products from Brothers which may be of interest to you.
© 2013 Brothers Drinks Limited. All right reserved.